BREAKING POINT COVER!

Attention! Attention!

Announcement #1:

I’m pleased to reveal the cover for Book 2 in the ARTICLE 5 trilogy, BREAKING POINT!

Tell me what you think! I love it. I think the artist captured a beat down Chicago perfectly. And Chase isn’t looking bad either. High five to Tor’s kickass art team!

You may be wondering, why is she announcing the cover now? Hasn’t this been out for a week already? It has…sort of…because it leaked! What scandal! An earlier proof accidentally slipped out early. I can assure you that THIS is indeed the final draft, and that it’s been updated on Amazon and Goodreads and all those places. (The description, btw, will be posted soon.)

And on that note, it’s also available for preorder at the places listed below in case you’re interested. :)

Amazon….Barnes and NoblesBooks a Million

Announcement #2:

BREAKING POINT will be released on February 5th, 2013! I know I originally said January, but guess what’s happening in January? The release of ARTICLE 5 in paperback! Woo hoo! Not sure when BREAKING POINT advance copies will be released, but I will announce that as soon as I know.

Announcement #3

I’ve been trying to keep up with everything, but soon (maybe quite soon) I will be taking a little break. Don’t worry, I’ll be back. The thing is, I’m…um…PREGNANT! I’m well into the third trimester now, and in August the husband and I will be welcoming a little boy to the family. We’re excited. Think happy thoughts! I’ll be around and available on email, FB, and Twitter until then.

That’s all for now! Hope you are having a lovely week!

59 Responses to BREAKING POINT COVER!

1. LOVE the cover!
    Congrats on your waistline expansion! :)

2. PJ Hoover says:

Whoa! Baby! Congrats! And yes, nice cover!

3. Estrella says:

I love it! First of all, I live in South America and I fall in love with Chicago at first sight, is my place in the world! so when I saw the cover the first time I though (ooowwww, man, not Chicago, not my beautiful city in ruins) but I may say, the cover is absolutely stunning!and I’m eager to read breaking point!

Hey Estrella!
      Thanks for commenting!
      Well…I’m glad you love Chicago…but I’m going to go ahead and apologize in advance for what happens there in BREAKING POINT.
      Enjoy!

4. Brodie says:

I LOVE IT! I love how it perfectly fits with the Article 5 cover and it’s just… it’s so the right vibe, everything bleak and in ruins. Hehe Chase is super tall! I’M SO EXCITED FOR BREAKING POINT!

AWWWW. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PREGNANCY!!! I wish you and your hubby and your future beautiful baby boy all the best! So happy for you <3

• Kristen says:

LOL – he IS super tall isn’t he? I’M EXCITED THAT YOU’RE EXCITED!
      And thanks! I am grateful for the well wishes!

5. SO MUCH exciting news, Kristen! The cover is FABULOUS, but even more wonderful is the news about your wee one! Congratulations to you and your family! <3

6. Kris says:

looks fantastic! we’ll repost it! congratulations!

7. Lori says:

I love this cover and can’t wait til next year to read it! Congrats on the baby Kristin! You’ll be a great mama!!

8. Congrats!!!!! Can’t wait for Breaking Point!

9. WOW. Congratulation!!! I wish you all the best. Being a Mom is is the best job in the world. The cover is amazing.

Jenea @ Books Live Forever

• Kristen says:

Thanks Jenea – so excited to embark on this new journey. 2012 is the year of new and wonderful things! 2013 will be even better! (Am hoping, of course, that the Mayans are wrong!)

10. Andreaya says:

The cover is amazing, I think it really helps us as readers to capture what kind of world we are supposed to be imagining. I’m so excited to get my hands on it. I hope that whenever I finish one of my stories, the crew that works on my cover will be just as good as yours, because that is seriously good work^-^

And CONGRATS on the BABY! That has got to be exciting. Is it too much for a fan to ask if there’s a name you guys have chosen?^-^ Anyway, I hope all goes smoothly and you enjoy this wonderful time with your husband.

• Andreaya says:

Finish and get it published that is…whoops^-^

• Kristen says:

Thank you, and I don’t mean to brag, but I KNOW AREN’T THEY GREAT! The art team is so talented! I love them! I hope you do get the chance to work with them!
      And thanks for the well wishes Andreaya. The baby name is revealed at a later date – ha! :)

11. Gwen Cole says:

The cover is AMAZING!! :D And February seems too far away.

• Kristen says:

You know, I said that about August and it’s right around the corner…February will be here before we know it! Thanks for the cover love Gwen!

12. CONGRATS!! On both the cover, the release date AND the little baby boy! What an exciting new chapter in your life. Wishing the best for you and your (soon to be bigger) family! :)

13. K. M. Walton says:

It’s amazing, Kristin! Congrats to you. Can’t wait to read it!

14. CONGRATULATIONS Kristen! On everything! Love the cover, and looking forward to regular updates on the baby!

15. Congrats on your new baby boy!

The cover is gorgous! Can’t wait to read it :)

16. Marissa says:

GREAT cover, and huge congrats for your new baby! Hope pregnancy is treating you nicely…

17. Vetsy says:

Love the cover! It will be the best birthday gift I will receive or buy myself. Can’t wait for the description to be posted.

• Kristen says:

Is February 5th your Birthday? If so, happy early Birthday! I will release BP into the wild in your honor! :)

18. Jena F. says:

KRISTEEENN!!! <33 Congrats on the baby boy!! :)

And I ADORE the cover!! I love this series so hard <33 I cannot wait for Breaking Point!! :)

• Kristen says:

I’m so glad you adore it Jena! Thank you for all the congrats! I hope you like Breaking Point!! Can’t wait to hear what you think…

19. Ryan says:

Congratulations on everything… The cover is amazing, and I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of it.

And the child. Any names yet? Hope the pregnancy is being nice. Congratulations again!

• Kristen says:

Thanks Ryan! We do have a couple names…but we want to make sure they fit before we announce them! (Wouldn’t want to name him Rudolpho and then meet him and think, oh no, clearly you are a Dominic!)

20. shelly werts says:

OMG!!!! Congrats on the new edition to your family!!! I’m so happy for you. I remember our conversation at the KY State Fair when we both lamented about our improbabilities of becoming pregnant. Zachary is now 21 months old. I am so, so, so happy for you. You are going to be an awesome mommy! Oh, and I can’t wait to read Breaking Point. I’m itching to find out what happens next.

• Kristen says:

Hey Shelly! I know, can you believe how much (and how fast) life changes? I remember that day well. PB and J sandwiches and cruising the recruiting tables (I mean…um…). Hope you enjoy book 2!

21. Tez Miller says:

I’ve heard that some prospective parents read or sing to their as-yet-unborn bub. Has Boy Foetus listened to ARTICLE 5 yet, and if so, did he kick you? ;-)

• Kristen says:

LOL – he listens to scenes all the time as I try to work through them. Of course, I leave the really scary parts out! As far as he knows, ARTICLE 5 is a sweet, if not slightly confusing, love story.

22. Congratulations, Kristen, I love the cover! It’s gorgeous and such a perfect follow-up to ARTICLE 5!

And more congrats to you and your hubby on the new baby! My husband and I just had a little girl two weeks ago. So many awesome things happening this year! :)

23. alex says:

Congrats on the baby and the books!

Chase is so tall!!!

24. Cari says:

Love the new cover and I instantly thought of Article 5 when I saw it!

25. Congrats on the cover and the baby! :)

26. Perla says:

Congrats on the baby! How exciting this time in your life must be.

LOVE how the cover immerses you in the Article 5 world- for both books! Saw it at ALA and I wanted to snatch it off the shelf sooo bad, but I was good. Ember and Chase have one of my favorite love stories!

Thank you Perla!
      And yes, that’s one of the things I love about it too – in the A5 cover they are looking down on a ruined city, but in this one they’re right in it. So cool!
      Jealous you got to go to ALA – hope you had a great time!
      Kristen

27. Lena says:

AHHH, what a GORGEOUS cover! I seriously cannot wait to read this book!

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BABY BOY! That’s so exciting! Are you going to name him Chase? ;-)

28. Rachel says:

The first book really left me begging for more! I can’t wait for “Breaking Point.” Though it is a shame that the series isn’t as popular a it should be. The first book gave me the impression that the series could be grouped into that of the “Twilight” series and the “Hunger Games”. But don’t take it the wrong way; I have read all of these and think that “Article 5″ is by far the best. It’s just that your book was published admist the final Twilight movie and the first Hunger games movie. If it had been published a little later, I’m sure that it could have been an instant hit. But it’s still reassuring to know that your books are slowly building up in fame.

29. Grace says:

Hello Kristen!
    I just finished your book and LOVED it!! I quickly googled article five and came to this page! I’m so excited for breaking point. And the cover 0.0 is beautiful!
    Also congratulations on your pregnancy!!!! I hope everything goes okay and that your as happy as Chace and Em WILL be at the end of the series :)
    Love your work
    -grace

Hi Grace!

Thank you for your comment – I’m so glad you enjoyed A5. And thank you for the congratulations! My baby is now 3 mo old. I can hardly believe it.
      Hope you enjoy BREAKING POINT!
      Kristen