Exciting News!

I so love when I get to announce good news on the blog!

I have three pieces of good news for you today. The first is that I can finally tell you that Tor Teen and I will be extending our contract for another 3 books following the conclusion of the ARTICLE 5 trilogy!

I cannot even tell you how happy this makes me! Tor Teen has been amazing – I am so grateful for all of their support and talent and advocating. And I looooooove my editor. I love her more than chocolate chip cookies. The chance to work with her for another 3 books is fantastic.

Here’s a little more information:

These three books are not another trilogy – they are three separate books. The first is called THE GLASS ARROW and I wrote it between edits on ARTICLE 5 and BREAKING POINT. It’s about a girl who is captured by some nasty folks who want to sell herĀ  reproductive rights because she lives in a world where women are endangered. Sound intriguing? I hope so!

The second is called METALTOWN, and it’s about several young sweatshop workers who, when one of their friends is hurt on the job, risk everything to challenge the dangerous businessmen who run the city. Yes, there’s kissing. Obviously.

The third…well I’m not going to say anything at all about the third quite yet!

I hope that’s enough of a tease… I don’t want to say too much, but more details will surely be revealed in the future.

The second piece of good news is that I have completed the next stage in the evolution of BREAKING POINT – copy edits! This is the part where someone goes through the manuscript with a fine-toothed comb looking for grammar issues, overused words or phrases, and anything else we may have missed before. They send these edits to me and I make my changes or say, “No, that sentence really was supposed to have fifteen commas,” (or whatever) and we go back and forth from there. Remember, BREAKING POINT comes out on February 5th – Right around the corner! Eek!

The third piece of good news is that ARTICLE 5 was spotted amidst some fantastic company (including STRUCK by fellow Apocalypsie Jennifer Bosworth) at Foyles Bookstore in London! I love these pics – if ever you see A5 out in the wild, please send a photo my way!

Have a wonderful week everyone!

16 Responses to Exciting News!

1. Maryanne says:

It’s all very cool – but I am especially taken by the picture of Article 5 in London! How cool it must be to see your book not only in another country, but also on another continent! And, London!? It’s like the birthplace of amazing writers – Shakespeare, Dickens, etc. Way to go!

2. Amber Skye says:

I’m so happy to hear this! I cannot WAIT for Breaking Point :) Congrats!

3. Gwen Cole says:

THIS IS EXCITING NEWS!!!! ^_^ Congrats!

4. So excited and happy for you and well us, we get to read more books from you!!! YAY!!! I can’t wait to read them all. Oh and by the way I love the cat dancing, so cute!! lol.

Ali

5. LH says:

3 new books!!! I cannot wait!!! Will they come out after the Article 5 series is finished? I am ready for another Kristen Simmons book NOW!
    ;)

• Kristen says:

Yes! The release schedule hasn’t been formalized yet, but I do know that they will all come out following the last book in the ARTICLE 5 series. Don’t worry! BREAKING POINT (A5 book 2) comes out the first week in February! Thanks for writing!

6. Gabrielle says:

Oh my goodness. I just found ‘Article 5′ and finished reading it. I have a ferverent need to reread the book.

Thank you so much for it!

And now that I know there’s to be a second book to that one and then a third. I feel a need to squeal like a little girl. (So sorry!) But I’m so excited! I loved the first book!

I’m not one to read girly books with romance and need I say it? Kissing. I’m all for the science fiction and detective mysteries and action packed books, like ‘Star Wars’ and ‘Hardy Boys’ and ‘Alex Rider’.

But ‘Article 5′ was absolutely excellent. For me, it had the right amount of action and suspense in it, so that the romance part of the book wasn’t overwhelming. And now, I think I might actually like some romance teen books (as long as it’s not too much romance). So again, thank you!

I await happily for the next book! And for all the others! *happy little squeal*

(I apologize if any of this offends you!)

• Kristen says:

Thanks for this delightful letter Gabrielle! I’m so glad to hear that ARTICLE 5 combined some of those elements you were looking for. I will say there may be more kissing in book 2, but there will also be much more action and suspense! (At least, that was what I was trying to accomplish – hope it translates!)
      Thanks for writing!
      Kristen

7. Glass Arrow sounds FANTABULOUS! U are my Dystopian Princess!
    All of ur dystop books rock da hiz house!

8. Sofia says:

So is there going to be a third book in the article 5 series.